2017 World Standings
Born: Feb. 13, 1989, in Albuquerque, N.M.
Residence: Albuquerque, N.M.
Joined WPRA: 2008
Horses: Famous Heartbreaker "Heart or Nosey" (8-year old mare) - Sire: Dash Ta Fame/Dam: Lady Oh Raylene; Mr. Famous Jess "Jesse"(9-year old gelding) - Sire: Jess Louisiana Blue/Dam: Fames Rockette; First Flash Fire "Selena" (6-year old mare) - Sire: First Moonflash/Dam: KPS Fire Lily
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 3 (2010, 2013, 2017)
2017 Wrangler NFR place: 12th
2017 Wrangler NFR earnings: $144,516
DNCFR/RNCFR qualifications: 1 (2010)
Education: Eastern New Mexico University (Portales), advertisement/marketing degree
• Finished ranked 13th in the world with $144,516 in earnings. Placed in three out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR.
• Won the Fallon County Fair and Rodeo (Baker, Mont.)
• Finished second at the New Mexico State Fair and Rodeo (Albuquerque)
• Won the Oregon Trail Rodeo (Hastings, Neb.)
• Won the Horse Heaven Round-Up (Kennewick, Wash.)
• Won the Canby (Ore.) Rodeo
• Won the Wyoming State Fair & Rodeo (Douglas)
• Won the Larimer County Fair and Rodeo (Loveland, Colo.)
• Won Greeley (Colo.) Independence Day Stampede
• Won Strawberry Days Rodeo (Pleasant Grove, Utah)
• Finished second at the Royal Gorge Rodeo (Canon City, Colo.)
• Co-champion at the Raton (N.M.) PRCA Rodeo
• Finished second at the Beef Empire Days PRCA Rodeo (Garden City, Kan.)
• Had the fastest time at the 2017 RodeoHouston on Famous Heartbreaker with a 13.95
• 2016 - Finished the year ranked 24th with $45,532; Won Rodeo de Santa Fe (N.M.), and the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo (Colorado Springs, Colo.); won the first round at Cheyenne (Wyo.) Frontier Days Rodeo; finished second at Montana’s Biggest Weekend (Dillon), second in the average at the Dodge City (Kan.) Roundup Silver Tour stop, second in the average at the Snake River Stampede (Nampa, Idaho) and second at the Rowell Ranch Rodeo (Hayward, Calif.)
• 2015 – Finished the year with $6,171.
• 2014 –Finished the year with $11,754.
• 2013 - Finished the year ranked 14th in the world with $82,867 after winning $14,724 at the NFR; won the Dinosaur Days (Vernal, Utah), the Stavely (Alberta) Indoor Pro Rodeo and the Kern County Sheriff Reserve Stampede Days Rodeo (Bakersfield, Calif.); Finished second at the San Antonio (Texas) Stock Show and Rodeo
• 2012 – Swept the barrel racing at the Justin Boots Playoffs in Puyallup, Wash, won the Ogden (Utah) Pioneer Days Rodeo, and the Guy Weadick Days Rodeo (High River, Alberta). Finished the year ranked 19th with $50,612.
• 2011 – Missed part of the season after damaging all the nerves around her tailbone at RodeoHouston and she had to learn how to walk again. Finished the year 16th with $58,004; won the Ellensburg (Wash.) Rodeo setting a new arena record in a time of 16.91 seconds; won Lea County Fair and Rodeo (Lovington, N.M.) setting a new arena record in a time of 16.99 seconds, the Cassia County Fair & Rodeo (Burley, Idaho) and the Livingston (Mont.) Round-Up; tied for the win at the Kitsap County Fair & Stampede (Bremerton, Wash.; in her first trip to the Calgary Stampede, she won all four rounds in her preliminary pool, a first in the history of the Stampede and went on to win the long round and finals to capture the 2011 title.
• 2010 – Finished the year ranked 9th (jumped from 15th to 9th in the world after the NFR) with $90,012. Placed in six out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR and won $40,108; won the year-end and average title at the Dodge Turquoise Circuit Finals Rodeo (Las Cruces, N.M.), the 2010 College National Finals Rodeo Barrel Racing title (Casper, Wyo.), the Gary Hardt Memorial Rodeo (Payson, Ariz.) and the Mother Lode Round-Up (Sonora, Calif.).
• 2009 – Finished the year ranked 47th with $21,849.
• 2008 – Won the WPRA Rookie of the Year Award. Qualified for the WPRA World Finals in Tulsa, Okla. Finished second in the average at the Snake River Stampede (Nampa, Idaho). Won the first round at the San Angelo (Texas) Stock Show and Rodeo and finished third in the average. Finished the year 27th in the world with $31,662.
National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association barrel racing champion, 2010; Reserve barrel racing champion in the New Mexico High School Rodeo Association (NMHSRA) from 2005-2007; National High School Rodeo Finals qualifier (barrel racing 2004-2007) finishing 12th in 2006; In 2007 also qualified for the National High School Finals in the cutting competition; won the all-around title at the Billy the Kid Rodeo.
Fiance Cody Pratt (got engaged at 2017 Wrangler NFR)…Other occupation is putting on barrel racing clinics…Parents are Paul (a contractor) and Kandace (a therapist) Blanchard and she has five brothers – Levi, Bret, Travis, Pace and Robbie and one sister – Kim…Got interested in rodeo through her family and her first competition was in 1991…Graduated from La Cueva High School in Albuquerque, N.M…. Superstitions are putting her hat on the bed, parking in a handicap spot and black cats…Favorite food is pizza and popcorn, favorite movie is Gone with the Wind, favorite book is the Bible and enjoys watching movies and taking pictures while on the road …Her rodeo idols are her uncle Bob and her mom…At the 2011 RodeoHouston, her saddle broke and she hit the back of it damaging all the nerves around the tailbone, causing her to not be able to walk. For three months she rehabilitated the injury, thanks to the athletic trainers at the University of New Mexico, where her father, Paul, once played football...Believes she would last the longest on Dancing With the Stars as she was in cheer and dance for 12 years.