2016 Wrangler NFR:
2016 World Standings
2016 Wrangler NFR
Born: July 30, 1970
Residence: Whitesboro, Texas
Joined the WPRA: 2004
Horses: Slick by Design “Slick” (10-year old black stallion) – Sire: Designer Red/Dam: Dreams of Blue; StreakinFlingInDisco "Disco" (8-year old mare) - Sire: A Streak of Fling/Dam: Lot A Disco; Apt To Be Special "Toby" (11-year old) - Sire: Special Feelins/Dam: Pretty Vision; Stitchs Honor N Fame "Chilly" (10-year old gelding) - Sire: Firewater Ta Fame/Dam: Ze Honor Jet
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 4 (2013-16)
Education: Fire Academy in California – wanted to be a firefighter until she started a family
2016 Season Highlights
• Entered the NFR ranked 9th, placed in two rounds - winning the fourth round in a time of 13.49 seconds.
• Finished second at the Wrangler Champions Challenge (Pasadena, Texas)
• Won the Guymon (Okla.) Pioneer Days Rodeo
• Won the Buc Days Pro Rodeo (Corpus Christi, Texas)
• Won the Bell County PRCA Rodeo (Belton, Texas)
• Won the San Antonio (Texas) Stock Show and Rodeo
• 2015 - Entered the Wrangler NFR ranked 11th and moved to 4th in the world standings with $218,744. Finished fourth in the average with 145.19 on 10 runs. Placed in six out of 10 rounds, winning Rds. 2 and 8 with times of 13.89 and 13.72, respectively. Won $138,346 at the NFR; won the Magic Valley Stampede (Filer, Idaho), the Pioneer Days Rodeo (Clovis, N.M.), the Johnson County Sheriff's Posse Rodeo (Cleburne, Texas), the Will Rogers Stampede (Claremore, Okla.), Old Fort Day (Fort Smith, Ark.) and Rodeo Austin (Texas); finished second at the Champions Challenge (Spanish Fork, Utah).
• 2014 - Finished the year ranked fourth with $163,476; Placed in five out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR, winning Rd. 5 in a time of 13.66 seconds and was fifth in the average, won $62,831 at the NFR; won the Heart of America PRCA Rodeo (Beggs, Okla.); set a new arena record at the Snake River (Nampa, Idaho) Stampede; won the Wild, Wild West Pro Rodeo (Silver City, N.M.), the Ramona (Calif.) Rodeo, the Santa Rosa Roundup (Vernon, Texas), the Crockett (Texas) Lions Club PRCA Rodeo, the Guadalupe County Fair & Rodeo (Seguin, Texas), the Austin Co. Fair & Rodeo (Bellville, Texas) and the Fort Bend County Fair & rodeo (Rosenberg, Texas)
• 2013 – Placed in three out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR. Finished the year ranked fifth in the world with $151,357. Won $41,767 at the NFR.; won Justin Boots Championships (Omaha, Neb.), the Missoula (Mont.) Stampede, Farm City Pro Rodeo (Hermiston, Ore.), the Larimer County Fair & Rodeo (Loveland, Colo.), the Laramie (Wyo.) Jubilee Days, Snake River Stampede (Nampa, Idaho), Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo (Colorado Springs, Colo.), the Black Hills Roundup (Belle Fourche, S.D.), the Ramona (Calif.) Rodeo, the Chisholm Trail Stampede (Duncan, Okla.) and the Guymon (Okla.) Pioneer Days Rodeo
Won the Scoti Flit Bar Rising Award in 2013 for Slick by Design “Slick.” Won the 2016 Jerry Ann Taylor Best Dressed Award at the Wrangler NFR.
Husband, John; Katelyn, Lindsey (daughters), Jenna (stepdaughter)…Prior to 2013, spent her time training horses but with the urging of Charlie Cole and Jason Martin of High Point Performance who own Slick, she turned into a top WPRA barrel racer…Had entered Huntsville, Texas, and the horse she was planning to run there was sold prior to going so she asked Charlie and Jason if she could take Slick. They agreed and the duo placed in their first ever rodeo and things started to click after that especially after winning Guymon, Okla., in early May…Favorite rodeos are Nampa, Idaho, and Cheyenne, Wyo…Favorite holiday is Christmas, favorite place to eat is Jason’s Deli and favorite movie is Seabiscuit…Didn’t grow up in a rodeo family. Learned to barrel race from Bess Chaney when she was 18…Daughter Lindsey won the 2014 National High School Rodeo Association barrel racing title...Kellies Chick "Skye" helped carry her to some wins but the horse was sold in 2015...In 2015, traveled with her daughter Katelyn, who finished third in the WPRA Rookie standings with $47,953 and was 25th in the world...Sponsored by Purina, Oxy-Gen, Shiloh Saddles, Cinch, Cetyl M, Hidez, Silver HorseCar, Deuces Wild, Alfalfa Express, Smark Pak, Flair Nasal Strips, Professional Choice, Tanner Mark Boots, Shorty's Caboy Hats, P3