2019 World Standings
Born: November 10, 1975
Residence: Stephenville, Texas
Joined the WPRA: 1987
Horses: KN Fabs Mist of Fame “Misty” (11-year old mare); Sire: Frenchmans Fabulous/Dam: Mistys Dash of Fame; VQ Sucker Punch “Rocco” (8-year old gelding), Sire: Dash Ta Fame/Dam: Honor This Nonstop; Dash Ta Suz “Smooch” (8-year old mare); Sire: Dash Ta Fame/Dam: Six Moon Suz
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 3 (1997-98, 2019)
Education: Vernon (Texas) College and Tarleton State University (Stephenville) – graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in clinical rehabilitation and minor in nutrition
• Won the Kitsap Stampede (Bremerton, Washington)
• Won the Horse Heaven Roundup (Kennewick, Washington)
• Won the Omak (Washington) Stampede
• Won the Missoula (Montana) Stampede
• Won the Spokane (Washington) Interstate Rodeo
• Won IPE and Stampede (Armstrong, British Columbia)
• Finished second at California Rodeo Salinas
• Finished second at Gem State Stampede (Coeur D’alene, Idaho)
• Finished second at Moses Lake (Washington) Round-up Rodeo
• 1998 – Finished the year ranked 14th in the world with $45,627. Biggest check in 1998 came in Calgary totaling $3,860. Fastest run in the 1998 NFR was 14.22 seconds where she placed 5th in the 5th round.
• 1997 – Qualified for her first NFR aboard her main mount April Hemp (April). Placed in seven out of 10 rounds.
• 1987 – Won the WPRA Rookie of the Year title in the Turquoise Circuit at the age of 12.
• 1986 – Filled her permit at the New Mexico State Fair and Rodeo in Albuquerque at age 11 and then bought her rookie card for the 1987 season.
AJRA World Champion
Single…Parents are M.L and Christi…She put barrel racing on the sideline following her NFR in 1998 and moved to Florida for four years serving as an insurance adjuster before moving back to Texas and investing her time in flipping houses to keep up her income. As a result, she got her real estate license in 2003 and CW Horse Properties was born in Texas in 2006. She keeps the business alive today. She specializes in farm and ranch but mainly horse properties. Her other business is Cowboy Classic Saddlery where she works alongside her parents, ML and Christi Wimberley. Together the family produces and ships out between 900 and 1100 saddles every year. Biggest portion of their business is trophy saddles…Her dad worked at the racetrack in El Paso, Texas, the same track Tuff Hedeman grew up around so Tuff became Cheyenne’s childhood brother since she was an only child…KN Fabs Mist of Fame is owned by Robin Weaver and a full sister to Ivy Conrado’s mount KN Fabs Gift of Fame “JLo.” Weaver also offered Wimberley VQ Sucker Punch to ride in 2019 as well…In addition to real estate and the saddle making company, Wimberley also trains futurity horses and after training and selling a full sibling to the mare Dash Ta Suz, the opportunity to own Dash Ta Suz came around with a good friend and fellow Wrangler NFR Lee Ann Guilkey, said the mare was too turn-y for her. Wimberley partnered with Steve Hulbert to buy the horse and the rest is history and now has the blonde cowgirl back at the Wrangler NFR after 21 years.