2016 Wrangler NFR:
2016 World Standings
2016 Wrangler NFR
Born: April 6, 1963
Residence: Cheney, Wash.
Joined the WPRA: 2000
Horse: Sheza Smooth Flight “Jesse” (15-year old brown mare) – Sire: Dinner Flight/Dam: Lady Lasmooth
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 1 (2016)
RNCFR qualifications (rodeo seasons): 5 (2011-15)
• Entered her first Wrangler NFR ranked 11th in the world standings; won the first round of her first NFR in a time of 13.75 seconds and went on to place in three other rounds.
• Won the Pasadena (Texas) Livestock Show & Rodeo
• Won the final round at the Pendleton (Ore.) Round-Up to solidify her spot at her first Wrangler NFR
• Won her first Wrangler Champions Challenge Rodeo (Kennewick, Wash.)
• Won the Canby (Ore.) Rodeo
• Won Walla Walla (Wash.) Frontier Days
• Won the Crooked River Roundup (Prineville, Ore.)
• Finished second at the Wrangler Champions Challenge Rodeo (Redding, Calif.)
• Won the San Angelo (Texas) Stock Show and Rodeo
• 2015 - Finished the year ranked 24th with $48,402; on the year-end title in the Columbia River Circuit Finals and the Omak (Wash.) Stampede; finished second at the Walker County Fair & Rodeo (Huntsville, Texas), second at the Strawberry Days Rodeo (Pleasant Grove, Utah), second at Canby (Ore.) Rodeo and second at the High Desert Stampede (Redmond, Ore.)
• 2014 - Finished 21st in the world with $59,413; won the year-end title for fourth time in the Columbia River Circuit and qualified for the Ram National Circuit Finals Rodeo; finished second in the average at the Pendleton (Ore.) Round-Up; won the Eugene (Ore.) Pro Rodeo, the Molalla (Ore.) Buckaroo Rodeo, the Eastern Oregon Livestock Show (Union, Ore.) and the NILE ProRodeo (Billings, Mont.)
• 2013 – Won the year-end and average title in the Columbia River Circuit. Finished the year with $44,777 in circuit earnings, a circuit money earnings record. Finished the year ranked 20th in the world with $54,283; finished second in the average at the Pendleton (Ore.) Round-Up; won the Lewiston (Idaho) Round-Up, the Horse Heaven Round-Up (Kennewick, Wash.), the Cheney (Wash.) Rodeo, the Crooked River Roundup (Prineville, Ore.) and the Last Stand Rodeo (Coulee City, Wash.).
• 2012 – Won back-to-back year-end titles in Columbia River Circuit ; Won the Othello (Wash.) PRCA Rodeo, the Lewiston (Idaho) Roundup, the Kitsap Stampede (Bremerton, Wash.), the Horse Heaven Round-Up (Kennewick, Wash.), the North Idaho Fair & Rodeo (Coeur d’Alene, Idaho), the Chief Joseph Days Rodeo (Joseph, Ore.), the Last Stand Rodeo (Coulee City, Wash.) and Parada Del Sol (Scottsdale, Ariz.); co-champion at Moses Lake (Wash.) Round-Up. Finished the year ranked 25th with $38,556.
• 2011 – Won the year-end and average title in the Columbia River Circuit. Won the North Idaho Fair & Rodeo (Coeur d’Alene, Idaho), the Horse Heaven Round-Up (Kennewick, Wash.), and the Othello (Wash.) PRCA Rodeo.
Won the Harley Tucker Award, 2012.
Son, Wade; daughters Lindsey and Shaley…Raised and trained her horse Jesse herself. Jesse’s mother was Lady Lasmooth that was in Capper’s barn while she was off competing on other horses. Capper decided the mare needed a job, so she became her broodmare…Drove a school bus for the Cheney (Wash.) school district until the winter of 2015…In 2011, Capper not only won the Columbia River Circuit title but also the Northwest Professional Rodeo Association, the Washington Barrel Racing Association and the Pro-West Rodeo Association. To Capper’s knowledge that had never been accomplished...Sponsored by McKinlay & Peters Equine Hospital.