Born: July 28, 1983.
Residence: Solen, N.D.
Horse: Dasher Dude “Rootie” – 17-year old mare (Sire: Texas High Dasher/Dam: April Dell Dude)
Joined the WPRA: 2008
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 2 (2011, 2014)
DNCFR qualifications: 1 (2009)
Education: Dawson Community College (Glendive, Mont.) and Chadron (Neb.) State College, degree in journalism and speech communications
• Finished with $17,752.
• Finished second at the Range Days Rodeo (Rapid City, S.D.)
• Won the McCone County Fair PRCA Rodeo (Circle, Mont.)
• Won the Crystal Springs Rodeo (Clear Lake, S.D.)
• 2015 - Finished ranked 32nd with $39,269. Won the Mandan (N.D.) Rodeo Days, the PRCA Championship Rodeo (Bismarck, N.D.), tied for second at the Butterfield Stage Days Rodeo (Bridgeport, Texas), tied for third at the Angelina County Benefit Rodeo (Lufkin, Texas).
• 2014 - Placed in two out of 10 rounds at the Wrangler NFR, winning the sixth round in a time of 13.89 seconds. Won $51,644 and was fourth in the average. Finished the year ranked fifth with $154,590; won the Fallon County Fair and Rodeo (Baker, Mont.), the Canby (Ore.) Rodeo, the Dawson Creek (Alberta) Stampede, the Field of Dreams (La Crete, Alberta), the Moose Mountain Pro Rodeo (Kennedy, Saskatchewan), the Scotts Bluff County Fair & Rodeo (Mitchell, S.D.) and the Grande Prairie (Alberta) Stompede
• 2013 – Finished the year ranked 26th with $40,622; Won the Dacotah Stampede Rodeo (Aberdeen, S.D.), the Bonnyville (Alberta) Pro Rodeo and the Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo (Rapid City, S.D.)
• 2012 – Won the Range Days Rodeo (Rapid City, S.D.), the Energy Town Pro Rodeo (Gillette, Wyo.) and Cherokee (Iowa) Chamber PRCA Rodeo. Finished the year ranked 21st in the world with $43,422.
• 2011 – First barrel racer from North Dakota to qualify for the Wrangler NFR. Placed sixth in Rd. 7; won $2,885 and was 13th in the average; won the Killdeer (N.D.) Mountain Roundup Rodeo and the San Antonio (Texas) Stock Show and Rodeo by a mere penny over Jill Moody.
• 2010 – Finished the year ranked 17th with $45,323; won $14,234 over the Fourth of July and ranked sixth among all barrel racers for earnings during “Cowboy Christmas.”
• 2009 – Won the Badlands Circuit year-end title by a mere $1.96. Qualified for first DNCFR. Finished the year ranked 49th with $21,157
• 2008 – Rookie year – won $4,050
Dasher Dude “Rootie” finished second in the 2014 AQHA Horse of the Year. Won the WPRA Horse with the Most Heart Award (Rootie), 2014.
Husband, Isaac Diaz (PRCA Saddle Bronc Rider-married Nov. 1, 2013)…Enjoys fishing and hunting…Each year she runs in a 5k to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis…Her mare and Jill Moody’s mare Dolly are related. The stallion Texas High Dasher can be found in both their horse’s pedigree. TR Dashing Badger (Dolly) is by Mr. Illuminator out of TR Double Cash sired by Texas High Dasher, which is the sire of Dasher Dude (Rootie)…Worked as a Communications Coordinator for a bank in Bismarck, N.D., following college for 3 ½ years before leaving in 2010 to pursue rodeo full-time…She bought Rootie she was a filly, and really had no plans to use her as a barrel horse. She was going to school at the time in Glendive and needed a horse to break for extra credit in one of her classes. She broke her for that class, and then turned her out and would use her off and on for some ranch work after moving to Nebraska to finish college. Fleck said Rootie was very smart, so when she was 5, Fleck decided to take her around the barrels and she took to it right away. Started running Rootie when she was 7, and they won the first jackpot they competed in…Has competed in rodeo her whole life and she also does some breakaway roping…Has traveled with Lisa Lockhart…Favorite movie The Hangover, favorite type of food is Chinese, and favorite fast food place is McDonalds.