2014 World Standings
Born: June 24, 1990
Residence: Big Spring, Texas
Joined the WPRA: 2011
Horse: Bogies Lil Skeeter “Skeeter” (12-year old gray gelding) – Sire: Bogies Bainkus/Dam: Street Royal
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 0
Education: Sam Houston State University (Huntsville, Texas) degree in Animal Science
• Won the Lakeside (Calif.) Rodeo
• Finished second at the Silverton (Texas) Buck Wild Days Rodeo
• Finished second at Red Desert Roundup (Rock Springs, Wyo.)
• Finished second at the Farm City Pro Rodeo (Hermiston, Ore.)
• 2013 - Finished the year ranked 55th with $16,774
• 2012 - Finished the year ranked 20th in the world with $46,737; Won the Angelina County Benefit Rodeo (Lufkin, Texas)
• 2011 – Finished the year ranked 125th in the world standings and 8th in the rookie standings; won the Farm City Pro Rodeo (Hermiston, Ore.).
Two-time College National Finals Rodeo barrel racing champion (2011-2012).
Husband, Zach Herrin, a team roper she met while at Sam Houston State University (married in 2014)…Raised Skeeter and just roped on him until he was 6, then started him on the barrels; took him to his first barrel race in March 2010 and they ended up at the college finals that June. Skeeter was honored with the NIRA Women’s Horse of the Year title twice. Skeeter’s sire, Bogie Biankus, is a past Columbia River Circuit champion barrel horse owned and ridden by former Columbia River Circuit Director Randy Rae Britt. He also placed at the NFR with Katie McCoin Garthwaite. Skeeter’s dam, Street Royal, by the Thoroughbred Harley Street, is a racehorse that a neighbor gave the sisters (Liz and Shelly) as a Christmas present. Skeeter was broke by their dad Coby…Went to Connell High School in Connell, Wash. Lived in Eltopia, Wash., until she moved to Texas...At the 2013, Reno (Nev.) Rodeo Skeeter spooked while Liz was saddling him and he knocked her into her trailer, splitting her head open and knocking her unconscious. She was rushed to the hospital where they learned she had fractured her skull severing an artery. She underwent surgery and was sidelined the rest of the year.