2015 World Standings
2015 Wrangler NFR
Born: July 29, 1957, in Lehi, Utah
Residence: Neola, Utah
Joined WPRA: 1975
Horses: Flit N Fizz “Fuzz” (16-year old) Sire: Dr. Nick Bar/Dam: Sting It, Guys Cash Perks
World titles: 0
Wrangler NFR qualifications: 2 (2014-15)
DNCFR/RNCFR qualifications (rodeo seasons): 6 (2007-2012)
Education: Weber State University and Utah State University, nursing degree
• Finished the year ranked 10th in the world with $147,301; placed in three out of 10 rounds including a round win in Rd. 5 with a time of 13.62 seconds.
• Won RodeoHouston for third straight year.
• Qualified for the NFR in just 26 rodeos.
• Won the Colorado State Fair and Rodeo (Pueblo)
• Finished second at the Caldwell (Idaho) Night Rodeo
• Won That Famous Preston (Idaho) Night Rodeo
• Co-champion at the Champions Challenge in Redding, Calif.
• 2014 - Entered first Wrangler NFR ranked fourth in the world. Finished the year ranked ninth with $136,777. Placed in four out of 10 rounds and won $32,488; won the year-end title in the Wilderness Circuit and will compete at the Ram National Circuit Finals in 2015; won the Gooding (Idaho) Pro Rodeo, the Caldwell (Idaho) Night Rodeo, the Days of the Old West Rodeo (Delta, Utah), That Famous Preston (Idaho) Night Rodeo, the Days of ’47 Rodeo (Salt Lake City, Utah) and RodeoHouston for second straight year and this year the money counted towards WPRA World Standings.
• 2013 – Finished the year ranked 47th with $21,717; Won Golden Spike Rodeo (Tremonton, Utah), the Cache County Fair and Rodeo (Logan, Utah), the Famous Preston (Idaho) Night Rodeo, the Western Stampede (West Jordan, Utah) and RodeoHouston but money didn’t count towards WPRA World Standings.
• 2012 – Won the year-end title in the Wilderness Circuit and qualified for the RNCFR, the Caldwell (Idaho) Night Rodeo for the third straight year, the Days of the Old West Rodeo (Delta, Utah) and the World’s Oldest Rodeo (Prescott, Ariz.). Finished the year ranked 30th in the world with $33,590.
• 2011 – Finished the year ranked 54th with $20,561 in earnings. Won the Caldwell (Idaho) Night Rodeo.
• 2010 – Finished the year ranked 31st in the world with $29,492; Won the year-end and average title at the Wilderness Circuit Finals Rodeo; won the New Mexico State Fair and Rodeo (Albuquerque), Utah’s Own Rodeo at the Utah State Fair (Salt Lake City), the Box Elder County Fair and Golden Spike Rodeo (Tremonton, Utah), the Caldwell (Idaho) Night Rodeo and the Oakley (Utah) Independence Day Rodeo
• 2009 - Finished the year ranked 20th with $43,358. Won the Magic Valley Stampede (Filer, Idaho) and the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo (Denver).
• 2008 – Finished the year ranked 28th in the world with $30,576; won the Wilderness Circuit year-end title with $21,500 won at just 24 rodeos and won the Spanish Fork (Utah) Rodeo.
• 2007 – Won the average title at the Dodge Wilderness Circuit Finals Rodeo.
• 2006 – Was the Wilderness Circuit champion.
Husband, Fred (horse trainer- mostly cutting horses); sons, Josh, Wyatt, Austin and Kolton all of which are members of the PRCA…Hobbies include spending time with her kids…Is a registered nurse and worked many years in the emergency room…Parents are Ned and Joyce Wilson…Got involved in rodeo in high school…Graduated from Lehi (Utah) High School…Favorite sports team is the Utah Jazz and favorite rodeo is Nampa, Idaho…Daughter-in-law Amy is waiting for a heart transplant. Is married to Nancy’s oldest son, Josh, and she was born with a rare condition called Ebstein’s (anomaly) heard condition. She was told she wouldn’t live past 13 and she is now in her late 30s…One of Nancy’s sons was diagnosed with cancer at 11 and another one had meningitis at 18 months.