2018 Earnings: $90,515 Career Earnings: $140,948
Suzytresseis "Suzy" (9 - year old gelding) - Sire: Tres Seis/Dam: Romancing Suzy
1. Excluding qualifying for the Wrangler NFR, what are your top 2 highlights of the 2018 season.
Making the finals at Houston and San Antonio, Calgary Championship Final Four
2. Which rodeo is still on your "bucket list" to win?
3. At what point during the season did you know you had a lock on the Wrangler NFR?
August. It was looking good then it got real tight at the end and we had to make a few more.!
4. What are you most looking forward to doing/experiencing in Las Vegas?
I hope that I’ll run all three of my horses and they will all look like they are nice horses.
5. Have you ever been to LasVegas other than the NFR? What shows, or events are your most favorite things to do?
I went once when I was a WPRA director. After that I felt like I wouldn’t go back unless I qualified.
6. What has been your proudest moment this past season?
7. How would you describe your horse's running and turning style...do you think the Thomas & Mack environment will compliment it?
Suzy( # 1) is a stand up , stiff roll back turning style. He can catch barrels coming out. Pinky is rounder and keeps going forward. Rarely catches a barrel. Hollywood is a combo. Real Green
8. What are you most thankful for?
It’s a blessing to have 3 nice horses which seem to be ready and healthy. Also real thankful for my husband who has done a lot of miles this summer and keeps all the horses shod and the equipment working.
9. List your sponsors.
The Air-conditioned shirt and Teskey’s Brazilian Saddle
10. Who or what keeps you most grounded and humble?
Suzy- About the time you think he’s going to work perfectly, he makes a beer run.
11. Who pushes you most to achieve an NFR qualification?
12. What kind of support team do you have, i.e.
a) Driver or someone who figures out the logistics of getting to all the rodeos, i.e. layovers Husband Jack
b) Someone who gets them entered in the rodeos, keeps track of standings Ann Thompson
c) Vet and Farrier while on the road. Jack my husband
d) Personal trainer Yeah right
e) Sports psychologist What??
f) Accountant. Me
g) Financial Backers My Job!!
13. What is your go to snack food on the road?
14. Which former NFR or World Champion Barrel Racer would you seek rodeo advice from and why?
Lisa Lockhart. She’s awesome!!
15. Do you travel with any animals other than your horses and if yes, tell us about them.
16. Have you ever sung karaoke? What is your favorite song to sing?
NOPE Jack won’t even let me sing in the truck!
17. What is your favorite app on your phone?
18. Which do you enjoy watching more, television or movies?
What types: drama, sports, comedy, romance? Which specific ones are
your favorite? Television. Seal Team
19. Have you endured any “life changing” moments?
Not this summer
20. Rodeo life is full of obstacles and challenges. What was your greatest challenge this year and how did you overcome it?
Suzy being so on and off. We think we figured out what was bothering him and he’s been more consistent since.
21. What life lesson did you learn from your challenges this year?
God has plans for you - even when you think your time has passed.
22. If you could live in any other area of the US other than where you now reside where would it be?
New Mexico/Colorado Border
23. What sport other than rodeo would you shine in?
24. What is a daily "must do/have" to keep your life organized or stress free?
25. What is you #1 "must have" for keeping your trailer organized and stocked as needed?Would it be in the horse area or living quarters area?
Food and drinks
26. What's a misconception about barrel racing?
That the horses are crazy. My horses are quiet and very manageable.